Jul 9, 2022

Touches of Subtlety in Castlevania...

Did y'all know the music fades out slightly just before the boss battle starts? It's very subtle, only about a 13% decrease in volume, but it's there!

I was messing with the Boss Fight variable ($0048) and forgot I had locked it to #00. When I reset the game and reached a boss, the screen kept scrolling as I moved. I was like, "Oops, forgot to unlock that variable!" Not only could I still move around the room (which caused a nametable overflow in boss screen), but the boss would not even become active until I reset the Boss Fight variable. 

I walked to the left away from the boss fight, then there it was: a glitch in the audio. I walked back to the right and there it was again. I watched the volume of the square wave channels. They were steady. I walked once more to the left and the square wave volumes gradually decreased twice before "Poison Mind" started back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©TheouAegis Productions™. Powered by Blogger.