Oct 15, 2022

Yet another minor glitch in CV3j

Going back to the parallax cloud stages, I noticed the code sets the player's sprite priority (and only the player, none of the other instances) to be drawn behind the background for most of the states. Most of the stair states have an exception, naturally - only the clouds should cover the player, not the ground (the stairs leading to the owls do this, but that's a special case). 

There's just one small problem: the attacking states aren't excepted. Whenever the player attacks or uses a subweapon while on the stairs, the sprite priority doesn't reset, so the player sprite clips into the ground until the animation is over. 

I mean, it's just a small, graphical glitch, but I noticed it when I was looking over the code and was able to verify it. Did they fix it in CV3u? I don't know, because I'm too busy to check it right now. I'd be shocked if they did, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©TheouAegis Productions™. Powered by Blogger.