Jun 20, 2012

Ok... Glad I didn't try to hard-code the floating platforms.

I watched the Zero-bytes for those that may pertain to the platform on the screen. I tracked a variable that moved when the platform moved and stopped when the platformed stopped. Good sign! So I watched it in the Debugger. I traced the related variables. ... And traced the related variables to them. ... And traced some more related variables. All the while I was thinking, "This isn't the y-value. Where is the bloody y-value for this platform?" So I went back through the Zero-bytes, this time checking for the nearest changing byte neighboring Trevor's y-value whenever he jumped. I found it. Again, it matched the movement on the screen. I traced it in the Debugger. ... And found a whole new set of variables.

Son of a bitch! I'm glad I didn't try to hard-code these stupid Tootsie Rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©TheouAegis Productions™. Powered by Blogger.