Jun 3, 2016

The guy who programmed bosses in CV3 can burn in Hell.

That is all I have to say on the matter. Oh, the guy that programmed Death is OK in my book, but the other bosses were coded in a most inappropriate way.

Run a state machine one time through. Pick a new state machine and run it one time through. Keep doing this over and over. Don't actually check for collisions when the boss should jump; instead, check which stage the boss is currently in and then compare its coordinates with hard-coded positions at which to jump.

Yeah, that last part. I was trying to figure out what the Bone Knight's criteria were for jumping, then it occurred to me while I was staring at the code that the criteria were hard-coded relative x and y positioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©TheouAegis Productions™. Powered by Blogger.